Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day

Today is July 4th. Independence Day. The day that we became The United States of America. A day when friends and family get together, and cook-out, go to the beach and watch fireworks.
To be honest, I'm really not looking forward to it. Yes, we are going over to a friends house for a cook-out, and there will be music and noise, kids giggling and splashing in the pool, and lots of heat. Since I live in Florida, there will probably be a pop-up thunderstorm in the afternoon that threatens to ruin all of the cook-outs. This is a typical, daily event in Florida when you mix the sea breeze with the high heat and humidity. All in all it really doesn't sound like a bad day. In fact it sounds like it would be a great time. I mean what's better than food, fun, family and friends, right?
My problem is a mix of the food and the heat. For some reason, even though I love warm weather, the warm/hot weather does not like me. It seems to make my Crohn's symptoms worse most of the time. Combine that with tables full of food, most of which I cannot eat, and you have an unhappy person. Most times I will leave these functions feeling hungry, depressed and just plain miserable.

 The problem is most people don't understand Crohn's and I have heard all the comments of how I'm such a picky eater. Not really. I love food! It just so happens that food does not always love me. Think about your typical summer cook-out type foods. You have watermelon, cantaloupe, hot dogs, potato salad with things like celery in it, fat, juicy hamburgers dripping with grease. They all sound tantalizing and make your mouth water, but I cannot eat the majority of food that is spread out on the tables.
Here is the thing; most doctors' recommend a low-fat, low residue diet to help control the symptoms of Crohn's. Low-fat knocks out that fat juicy hamburger. Low-residue equals low fiber. There go all fresh fruits and vegetables. It also knocks out things like popcorn. Red meats (hamburgers) are harder to digest and processed foods (hot dogs) are usually a big no-no. At least for me. I have found through the years that there is another common food ingredient that will trigger an episode with me, and that is MSG, monosodium glutamate. This is used as a preservative and a flavor enhancer in a lot of foods. Many people think that it is just found in chinese food, but it's actually pretty common. I have found that it is in a good majority of chips, rice mixes, seasoning packets for meats and salads, etc.  In the future I am hoping to add another page on here that contains recipes that are tasty, easy to fix and meet the low-fat, low-residue diet requirements.

With all of that being said, what triggers an episode for me may not necessarily trigger an episode in someone else who has Crohn's. I do know that this is the diet most Gastroenterologist recommend for patients with Crohn's, so when your loved one or friend rejects the food you have fixed, don't take it personally. They truly aren't out to hurt your feelings. They are trying to save themselves from the misery of abdominal pain, bloating and diarrhea.

Keep these things in mind as you celebrate today. Enjoy your family and friends, as I will enjoy being with mine. Keep the alcohol to a minimum (another trigger), and don't be embarrassed to explain why you cannot have that huge, juicy chunk of watermelon. I think your friends and family would rather see you pass it by, then see you being miserable.

Happy 4th of July! The day that we became the great country of The United States of America!

Many Blessings and remember LIVE, LAUGH and LOVE!
C

2 comments:

  1. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine,I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituahebalcenter.com. Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Never believed i was ever going to be HSV FREE again, DR.Ehiaguna has given me reasons to be happy, i was HSV positive for 2 years and all the means and medicine i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR.Ehiaguna on how he was able to cure someone from HSV 2, this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any Disease problem that DR.Ehiaguna can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by DR.Ehiahuna , i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HSV NEGATIVE, friends you can reach DR.Ehiaguna on any treatment of any Disease cos i saw many testimony of different disease like, HEPATITIS,HIV AIDS,EPILEPSY, CANCER,CFS he is the one only one i can show you all up to, reach him on drehiaguna@gmail.com or whatsApp him now +2348073908953. quick contact him for help and you can just quickly drop your number on your first mail as i did for easily conversation

    ReplyDelete